So it was that I eventually settled on a light frilly blouse (Awear) inspired from Miu Miu, black jeans (Urban Outfitters) Black wedges with a HIGH heel ( sadly primark) and a waistcoat ( not sure...) to top off the look, I grabbed my Burberry trenchcoat and Vivienne Westwood handbag and MAC ruby woo. With a camera, hop skip and jump later, I was front row and taking notes.
This will be one of the first in a series of blog posts about the show. So get ready for some serious fashion....
But first, my top five picks of the show :

Dries Van Noten : Anyone who knows me, knows I live in my black boyfriend blazer. I can't sing the praises loud or long enough of the benefits of a good strong blazer. It will carry you season to season and look to look. So it's a real investment piece. Naturally DVN, a brand of investment pieces and wardrobe staples have placed emphasis on the boyfriend blazer for SS11. Showing oversized blazers on the backs of models stomping down catwalks everywhere. There is nothing sexier then the blazer over a simple dress in an evening. It suggests you stole it off your boyfriend after a romantic yet sexy night out. Or even the blazer over work attire to suggest your powerful and in charge, yet fashionably brilliant...So for that reason, DVN was one of my picks from the show. Impressive, yet functional. Perfect for those of us with a somewhat recession affected wardrobe.....
LANVIN : 2010 really was Lanvin's year. With a successful high street campaign and photoshoot after photoshoot, it created one of the most amazing media buzzes of the year. Bloggers and press alike queued, begged, borrowed or stole imagery from the show. Clouds of seductive fabric against a tight body con. Perfection.
€895 - skirt. €495 - shirtSTELLA MCCARTNEY : There was something about this collection I loved. I don't know if it was the current trend for Spring Summer of large bright prints (see Prada for all you need to know about this trend!!!!) but I felt SMC nailed it. The print I feel seems to really suit accessories. She also released a series of bags with the chain detail which suit this print so well. This is a bold and dramatic print which is designed to turn heads. Not for the faint of heart! I loved the casual blazer jackets thrown over the dresses. Very summer!
€1,050MARY KATRANTZOU : This was the highlight of the show for me. I have been a fan of Mary Katrantzou since I first laid eyes on her bright eye catching prints. She has a real flair for dramatic clothing. But this collection was a step forward for the brand. Each piece featured an interior as a print in a dazzling display of color and structure. But the real stand out piece had to be the lampshade skirt. This skirt caused a frenzy amongst buyers at the shows. The skirt, as the rumour goes had to be remade immediately as there were so many orders. Apparently Katrantzou had lost the pattern for the skirt! Thinking no one would buy the piece. It became the hit of the season. I can see why. It's different and flattering in a way you wouldn't expect. Not sure how you sit down in it. But that's a minor detail. The shape of the skirt flatters the thighs. Strange but true. Combine with lethal ankle boots. I would keep the top simple though. All the focus should be on the skirt. I have to say though, there was a stir in the room when that skirt came down the catwalk. Fashionistas whispered and cameras whirred. A stand out piece.
€1,755VICTORIA BECKHAM : What a collection! Although some of her collection featured a looser structure and a floater fabric, I still adore her well cut excellently executed stylish pieces. I always wished I had the body and was a less of a punk, then I might be able to carry it off. But for a stylish and elegant choice, Beckham has progressed into a fantastic brand. In fact I still find it odd to refer to her as a fashion designer and not a Spice Girl, but there you go! Anyway, the dresses on display in the show were structured and white. Apart from a long black maxi dress, her collection seemed predominately white. With a tiny piece of detailing on the shoulders. Beckham's designs seem to have an amazing way of clinging to the body and highlighting parts of your body you never knew could look so fantastic! I just wish I was polite enough to wear them! These pieces demand a charm and set of manners which I do possess. Do not accessorize with swearing and a taste for pints!
There were a few metallic pieces popping up in the collection. Offset perfectly by the white. I am also loving the bright slices of color on the model's eyes. Really helps to brighten the white and silver. Perfection.
€2520

0 Yorumlar