Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Commitment ...

Just shared this with some friends and shared a shortened, edited version on Twitter – "can" became "will," so I'm going with "will" here – so what the hell, let's share it here, too!

I was just writing in a little bound book that I've had forever. I've torn out a lot of the pages over the years. But I have dubbed the pages that remain my manifestation journal. I have completely fallen in love with Samin Nosrat and her Netflix mini-series "Salt Fat Acid Heat," based on her cookbook of the same name.

She's doing a lot of podcasts to promote the series and she talks about her manifestation journal and I love that. I have some stuff written down but I like the idea of capturing it all in this little book.

I'm gonna commit to big-ass audacious goal. In September of last year, my friend Dawn challenged me to get my memoir manuscript done by Christmas. Angelo gave me until the end of the year. And then in early November, Dad had the episode that led to four-and-a-half months of decline until he died in mid-March. Obviously, the manuscript did not get done. Not even close.

So I'm reupping that plan for 2018. I will have a first draft of my memoir manuscript done by the end of the year.

Angelo's friend Jennifer wrote "All The Bright Places" in six weeks. (It's currently being made into a film.) Angelo wrote the first draft of his YA novel in SEVENTEEN DAYS.

I'm not starting from scratch. I will get this done.

And I'm going to share what I've written here with Dawn and Angelo, too, for extra reinforcement! :o )

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar