Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hygge at Home

Recently, I learned about an interesting Danish concept called hygge (pronounced "hoo-gah"). I had visited Denmark in 2010 (one of my favourite trips!) but this was the first time that I've heard of this unique part of Danish culture.

Taken in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2010.
The Oxford Dictionaries define hygge as:
"A quality of cosiness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being (regarded as a defining characteristic of Danish culture)."

Photo credit: Internet
I'm a sucker for cute book covers so this book had me at the teapot and teacups.
You can learn more about The Art of Danish Hygge here.

This past weekend, I practiced some hygge at home to help combat the winter doldrums.
Cozy blanket? Check!
Mug of tea? Check!

 
 This charming book (pun intended!) was recommended by another blogger.
You can learn How to Hygge Your Reading Life here.

I miraculously stayed spoiler-free of the sixth season of Game of Thrones and binge watched the episodes with glee (sorry, Fitbit!).

You can't get more hygge than enjoying a cup of tea with a chocolate scone by the fire.

Do you practice the art of hygge?


I'm joining the following parties this week:

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar