Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Let the Right One In

Foreign Film from Sweden - Swedish Title: Lat den ratte komma in
Language - Swedish with English Subtitles or Dubbed in English
Genre - Foreign Horror/Drama
Year Released - 2008
Running Time - 114 minutes
Directed by Tomas Alfredson
Written by John Ajvide Lindqvist (who wrote both the novel that the movie is based upon as well as the screenplay for the film)
Cast Includes: Kare Hedebrant (as Oskar) and Lina Leandersson (as Eli)

Rated: 3 Skulls



Plot Summary:
Twelve-year-old Oskar, the constant target of bullies, spends his time plotting revenge and collecting news items about the grisly murders plaguing his town. Things change for Oskar when he meets new girl Eli - a misfit vampire who steals his heart. As a serial killer continues to prey on teen boys in the small village outside Stockholm, Sweden, Eli helps Oskar find the courage to stand up to his tormentors.


Review:

I have been eagerly awaiting today's DVD release of this film, as I have heard nothing but great things about it. Every review that I have read has praised the film! Countless folks have stated that it is one of the best vampire films ever made!


Either I missed something completely or I just didn't get it, as I do not see everyone's fascination with this film. It was okay - an all right movie, however it is far from the best!
[The best is still The Vampire Diaries Part 1: Thicker than Water ~ Let the Right One In does not even compare with Near Dark or The Lost Boys]
I just don't get it. . . Someone please explain to me what I missed. . .


I really, really HATE to say this, but this may be an American Re-Make that has the potential to be better than the original that it was based upon. [for those unaware, and American Re-Make is scheduled for a 2010 release date - simply titled Let Me In]

Perhaps I should just read the Novel

Here's the trailer:


Jason

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar