Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mint Juleps


You may go visit Beth Fish Reads to see what others are sharing for Weekend Cooking.

Since childhood, I've dreamed of owning a farm in Kentucky, with those blue-green fields and white fences, where I would raise racehorses. I love horses and wish I'd been one of those kids who had grown up in a horsey family. But I didn't. And though I did own a horse, Bandit, for too few years, I'm not a real rider; and needless to say, I don't have a stable of racehorses. So, I make do by watching 'the greatest two minutes in sports' every year that I can. On this 137th Kentucky Derby Day, I thought I'd make mint juleps in celebration. I'm not a Scotch or bourbon drinker, but Tom is. And we have mint coming up, so I said, why not.

There are a few ways to make them, but I chose the recipe on this site.

4 fresh mint sprigs
2 1/2 ounces bourbon
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
2 teaspoons water


Muddle mint leaves, powdered sugar, and water in a collins glass. Fill glass with shaved or crushed ice. Add bourbon. Top with more ice and garnish with mint sprig.
Drink with a straw.

My mint hasn't grown to sprigs yet, so I used little leaves.
I didn't have a muddler so Tom used the handle end of a wooden spoon which worked great.


I crushed the ice in the blender.


Didn't have any straws but Tom managed just fine.


Addendum: The winner, Animal Kingdom. Good, good boy!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar